Learning code is a bit tricky but at the same time, it is also fun and interesting. And the one thing that a programmer constantly find is different resources for the work.
And one of them is a code editor, code editor is very important for all programmers. Because it allows writing the code in it, and compiling it.
And VS Code indeed comes up with some pretty good features that make the work easy.
But if you are a beginner and just started coding then, it is more beneficial for you to write a code on a text editor that simple and gives you almost zero hints. So you can write more code on your own.
And that’s where comes the Notepad. It comes pre-installed on all Windows PC and anyone can write a code in it without any problem. But the thing that goes in the favour of Notepad is also gone against it. And that is, it is very simple.
And that’s where an alternative to Notepad comes in need, that is Notepad ++.
What is Notepad ++ actually? –
Notepad ++ is a free source code editor, and you can see it as a replacement for the old day Notepad. And why I am saying that, because of the features that it provides.
If you compare it to traditional Notepad then you will find that all the things that the old Notepad lags in this new Notepad++ cover all that area.
In Notepad ++ you get support to write more than 50 programming languages. Plus all the different features make it more superior as compared to Notepad.
How to download Notepad ++ in Windwos 10 –
Downloading this application is not a big task, so let’s see how to download it.
- Open browser and search for Notepad ++, and then go to their offical site notepad++.org.
- Select the latest version of the application.
- And then select for what architecture you want to downlod it, in my case Iam going to download it for 64-bit.
- After it download, just simply install it in your system like any other program.
How to write a code in Notepad++ –
Once you download the code editor now it’s time to run some code.
- Open the Notepad++ application.
- And by deault it will open a file, all you have to do is go to the language section and choose a language you want to write in.
- And once you write your code click the ctrl + s and save the file. In my case iam writing html code so it automatically detected it and treat it as a html file.
- And once you save the file open it in your browser and see your final output their
- And again if you do some changes, save it with the ctrl +s. And then reload your browser tab to see the changes.
Finally, What you should choose Notepad or Notepad++
Now if you are a beginner and finding a code editor that is not too advanced but also not too stone age. Then I think Notepad++ will suit you. So it’s all about trying new things. And for that try the new Notepad++, and choose if it is working for you or not.