Apple rolls out a new update for all iPhone users iOS 14.2. The update is rolling out for all the iPhones devices from iPhone 6s to iPhone 12 Pro. The size of the update is almost 1.2 GB for the majority of the devices that got the update.
The new 14.2 update brings some major and some minor changes in iPhones like you got some new wallpapers to use now in your device, new 100+ emojis are also added for chatting. And most importantly the bugs and some security-related issues are fixed with this update.
So it is a must download update for the users who are facing some problem in the previous version. And with the help of this update, Apple tries to fix those issues. Other than this form iOS 14.2 Apple also releases an update for iPad, Apple Watch, HomePod and Mac.
But in this post, we are going to see what major changes you are going to see in your iPhone devices. If you update your device from iOS 14.1 to iOS 14.2.
Major Features that are added in New iOS 14.2 update-
- Shazam icon in Control Center- Shazam is a famous app to identify the song that is playing around you. You can also do this with the help of Siri. But now apple added this one too in your iPhone and after identifying the music you can open that music in your Apple Music or Spotify.
- Redesign interface in lock screen for now playing music- If you play the music and lock your phone then in the lock screen you are going to see a new design to control the music from the lock screen. The volume slider to control the volume got bigger in size. And a new design AirPlay icon in lock screen also seen.
- The new interface in Control Center for Music- The complete redesign for the music is looking very cool in Control control. And now it added a suggestion feature of music that suggests the songs you want to hear. And a little source icon is also added to identify whether you are playing music from Apple Music or you are listening to from the podcast.
- New AirPlay control interface- The new animation and an interface is added in AirPlay to control the music in your connected devices.
- Optimized Battery charging for iPods- Now if you connect your iPods to your device. Then in your Bluetooth iPods option, you got a new feature called Optimized Battery charging. That helps you to reduce your battery ageing by learning your daily charge routine.
- New Option in Sound and Haptics- If you go to your Sound and Hepatic option in setting. Then you found a new headphone safety feature that notifies you when your music is too loud. And you can also set the decimal level for the loudness.
- 8 New Wallpapers- 8 new wallpapers are added in the wallpapers section. That is available in both light and dark mode.
- 100 New emojis to use- 100 new emojis are also added in iOS 14.2 that included food, faces, Animal, household object and musical instruments and many more.
- People detection using LIDAR system- This feature is for those people who own iPhone 12 pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max. In the magnifier app, a People detection option is added. That can tell you the distance of a person that is nearby you by using LIDAR sensor.
- Support of Intercomm use- The intercom feature support in the HomePod and HomePod mini and you can send a message by using your iPhone, iPad and Apple watch if you connected them.
- Add a Homepod to Apple TV 4K- Now if you have an Apple TV 4K then you can connect your Apple tv with your HomePod for stereo, surrounding sound and Dolby Atmos audio.
- A new option that provides Statics about Notification, Without identify you. To participate in public health authorities. You can also turn it off if you don’t want it by clicking the Turn of Exposure Notification.
Major Bugs that are also fixed with this new iOS 14.2 Update.
- Resolved the Apps appearing out of orders in the dock.
- Not showing an image while opening a camera is also resolved.
- The keyboard on the Lock Screen could miss touches when trying to enter the passcode
- Reminders could default to times in the past
- Photos widget may not display content
- Weather widget could display the high temperature in Celsius when set to Fahrenheit
- Next-hour precipitation chart description in Weather could incorrectly indicate when precipitation stops
- Voice Memos recordings are interrupted by incoming calls
- The screen could be black during Netflix video playback
- Apple Cash could fail to send or receive money when asked via Siri
- Apple Watch app may unexpectedly close when opened
- Workout GPS routes or Health data are prevented from syncing between Apple Watch and iPhone for some users
- Audio is incorrectly labelled as “Not Playing” in the CarPlay Dashboard
- Devices could be prevented from charging wirelessly
- Exposure Notifications is disabled when restoring iPhone from iCloud Backup or transferring data to a new iPhone using iPhone Migration