Working with different files is a task, that we all do daily either it is a PC or phone. And it is important to organize files so next time it will be easy to access them.
And to save them, most people usees two methods first is saving them offline on local storage. Or the current method that many prefer nowadays the cloud. Which is a safe and very convenient method to save important files.
And if you use Cloud services then it is a good habit, to organize the files in it, by creating folders and labelling them. And one cloud service that most people use nowadays is Google Drive.
So if you use Google drive, and wishful to know how to organize the files in it. Then you are in the right place.
How to create Folders in Google drive from Android –
If you are a person who uses your mobile device to access the drive then this method is for you.
- Open the drive and click the plus icon on the bottom right corner.
- Click the folder button and give the name to your folder.
- Now go to file section and check for your folder their.
- And if you want to add some file in it from your device. Then click the plus icon again while you are insdie of that folder and upload your file.
And that’s all you have to do, to create a new folder and add a file to it. While using the drive from your mobile devices.
How to create Folders in Google drive from the PC –
For all the users who use the drive from their pcs this method is for you.
- Open Google drive from the browser.
- Inside drive click the new icon avilable on the top left corner.
- Select the folder option and name it.
- Now to add a file inside of it, first go inside it and click the new icon again, or you can simply drag your file into that folder.
How to add existing file of drive in the folders –
Sometimes you have different folders with different files within them. And have to transfer some of them to a new folder or a different folder. So for that situation.
- Open the drive and press the right click on the file that you want to move.
- Choose the move to and then press the my drive.
- Select the folder and finnaly press the move here button, and your files finally transfered from one folder to other.
To do it from the mobile device repeat the same steps, but choose the file that you want to move from its existing folder.