On 24th June 2021, Microsoft announced the new version of their popular operating system Windows. And show all the features and changes of Windows 11 in the event. But the one feature that catches everyone eyes is, accessing the android applications from the PC.
And this is a very bold move too at that time, because before that users who want to use android apps on the PC uses the emulators to do it. But then Microsoft claims that their new Windows 11 will easily run Android applications on their system.
And now after the 4 months of the announcement. Finally, we can use that feature on our Windows 11 System. Though it is not that perfect yet, still we can use it now.
Install Windows 11 First On Your PC –
If you want to use this new windows feature, then first you have to install Windows 11 on your system. And if you haven’t installed it yet.
Then join the Windows insider program. That allows you to install the new updates of Windows before its stable release. And it is a good way if you want to try a new Windows update before everyone else.
And if you want to know more details about it then you can check our other article that shows you how you can join to Windows Insider Program.
Requirments to run Android apps on Windows 11
- Make sure you’re running Microsoft Store version 22110.1402.6.0 or higher – You can check this by going to the windows update section that is avilable on the settings.
- May need to enable virtualization – If you are getting error while using this feature on your system. Then try to enable the virtualisation feature on your pc.
- Your PC must be in the Beta Channel – To use this feature first make sure that you are registrerd in the Insider beta program.
- Your PCs’ region must be set to the U.S – If you are outhside of the US then try to change the location of your sytem. To try this feature out.
For more details, you can check the Microsoft guideline for using the Android application on Windows 11.
How to run Android Apps on Windows 11 –
Once you match all the requirements to use the new Windows feature, then follow the steps below.
- Open the Microsoft store and search for Windows subsystem for android. And click the get button.
- After that click next and download it on your system.
- And after the downloding complete, click the open amazon app store.
- Then it will ask you to sign in or cretae a new account. You can choose any one from both of the option.
- And finnaly you will now able to acess the Amazon appstore, from where you can downlaod your Android applications that are available there.
This feature at this time is only available in the US region. So it may be possible that you might cant use it. But don’t worry because very soon the Windows 11 stable version will be available with all these features that are available for everyone.