You all are connecting to the internet most of the time. And I don’t think about spending a day without the internet connection. And most probably you too. If you are reading this article on this site then it is because of the internet.
But how many of you actually think about how its work. Its a long process but the whole process is not our focus today. We are here to talk about DNS a very important part of the internet. You all heard this name somewhere if you use the internet. And without it using the internet is quite a mess too.
But what is it actually then, and what did it do. So in a simple language, it is like a phone book which contains a lot of numbers and names. If you just think a little bit then you probably heard the name of IP Addresses too. In a short line, every device that is connected to the internet has its own unique address. Like your home address which verify that its belong to you. An IP address is like that.
But they are in numbers like some weird number. And I don’t think you will like that. But your browser which helps you to browse the internet understands that IP address only. Not the name like xyz.com or any other.
So what DNS do is when you enter (youtube.com) in your browser. The DNS translate to this friendly name to IP address and then you connected to the Youtube. It looks like a long process but all these things are happening in a millisecond and you didn’t even notice anything.
And if you sometimes think that the DNS you use is slowing down your internet. Then there is always a chance to change it. And in this article, I am going to show you exactly how to change your DNS in Windows PC or Laptop. In only a few steps.
Steps to change DNS in Windows PC-
All the process of changing DNS will be done in only a few steps. All you have to do is follow the steps.
- For changing DNS first go to your search bar and search the control panel in it.
- After opening control panel click the network and sharing option.
- Inside network and sharing option, click the change adaptor setting.
- Then select the network that you are using. In my case, I am connected with WiFi so I click the WiFi.
- Now right click on the network that you are connected with and go to the properties.
- Then click the internet protocol version 4 and go to its property.
- And now in the final step change the tick from the first option to the second one Use the following DNS server addresses.
- And then change your DNS server there.